Reasons You Should Visit ICELAND There’s no doubt that Iceland is a hot destination right now for American travelers going abroad. The visitor statistics in recent years have skyrocketed (I mean, like, a LOT) and if trends continue as they did in 2015, we have every reason to believe it won’t be slowing down any time soon – but don’t worry! It’s still every bit as pristine and untouched as it once was, and it’s still the up-and-coming destination to write home about.
What’s that? Iceland’s on your radar but you haven’t committed to it yet? Well here are 8 things that may change your mind.
It’s safe – in fact, it’s not uncommon to see cars running with their doors unlocked while the owner is inside ordering a sandwich – or some hákarl.
1. Almost everyone speaks English (but remember, it’s always respectful to learn a few common phrases in Icelandic).
2. The natural scenery is unforgettable.
3. The nightlife is unmatched.
4. The people are extraordinarily welcoming. People on the street in Iceland
5. It’s a great stopover destination for those traveling to continental Europe. Its location in the Atlantic is perfect for a detour.
6. The people are extraordinarily welcoming.
7. The art and music scene is burgeoning – you’ll be sure to return with some really cool new bands to listen to (and impress your trendy friends with).
8. Cheap and Best – Reasons You Should Visit ICELAND